Thursday, June 2, 2016

Day 1 of 100

Psalm 11:1 (King James Edition)
“In the LORD I put my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?”

Greetings Everyone!

It’s the VERY first day of being a CBCC. I can smell the ocean from my open window; sweet salt and kelp. It’s already amazing!
 I arrived and after checking in and getting my welcome packet Aaron (one of my supervisors) took me on a tour.
 I met the first of 3 roommates, Emma. She is very sweet and hails from California. Our other two roommates just landed around 45 minutes ago from Kenya! Emma and I are very excited to be rooming with them. So far I’ve met several people that will be working here with me this summer. The rooms are nice and have their own bathrooms with showers. Once I was settled Emma and I went to dinner. Where I met; Danielle, Luke, Jack, Harry and Beth. Beth and I spoke for a good 30 minutes about our lives. She’s from Pennsylvania. All in all a great group of people that I’m sure by the end of summer I’ll have inside jokes and great memories.
 The best part about this place so far is the sense of peace and belonging you get. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. I realized as I was calling home that these people have no reference of my character. It’s all me. I plan on taking that opportunity to better myself and grow closer to God. Discovering new facet of HIS and my own personality.

A downside is that around here all the shops close around six which is when the dinner hour is done. So as for going out after work it’s really not an option. Before the Summer season really begins it’s likely to be a little slow. No worries, I’ll use that time to get situated and find my barrings. I’m looking forward to training tomorrow and just working in general. As much as ‘living at the beach’ sounds like a vacation, just remember that I’ll be working this summer just like everyone else.

Side note: With only three meals a day, I’ve found that I’ll need to purchase some “between meals snacks” if I’m gonna survive this summer
:(

Now, I just have to figure out what to do on my days’ off… That will come in time. For now I’ll leave you with this note;

With all new experiences comes new adventure and with that comes knowledge of things unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment