Tuesday, June 21, 2016

New Recruits (6/20-6/21)

Exodus 32:21

And they came, each one whose heart stirred him up and whose spirit made him willing, and brought the Lord's offering to be used for the [new] Tent of Meeting, for all its service, and the holy garments.

Good evening everyone,

After a long two days of work I can FINALLY able to blog! 

(6/20) 

I had early morning shift cleaning the gym public and the front entry. It went by quickly while singing a Swahili worship song. After that we had breakfast and I while I was suppose to be sent to ECL I was sent instead to Tides to help finish where I trained one our newbies. Leshon. I showed him the ropes of how to clean a bathroom and make a bed the CBCC way. We've gotten five or six new people the last couple of days. Folks that weren't able to get here till now. It's been interesting. The girls and I are expecting a new roommate. I'm a little nervous about meeting her but excited to have someone in food service. They are really hurting for people. 
    Anyway, I worked in tides then was building captain for N. Haven. With a great crew, a few newbies but they all worked really hard and we got it done on time! As summer as officially began the housekeeping meetings (which normally take place on saturdays) was mandatory for the House staff. We discussed the up coming summer and how much ECL manager Charles appreciated our work. (It was the first time he had made such a comment about CBCC staff!) Good job guys! Anyway, the meeting was adjourned at 4 (instead of 5) and I had an hour before dinner and my serving shift in the kitchen. Where, despite my training, I had to call for more potatoes and carrots several times in increasing volume before someone acknowleged me. Ugh. Next time I'm not gonna ease them in to it. It's gonna be FULL ON RICHARDSON PROJECTION! (thanks to my family ;) After my shift I was tired and so didn't blog. I volunteered to work at ECL instead of taking the day off like scheduled. Antonia is rightfully on vacation and so we're sending four CBCC house staff to ECL to work...without our gorgeous guilding light and sweet latin music! 


(6/21) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROARA! YOU'RE 7! I hope you're mom is reading this aloud to you! 

Okay, today along with Julie, Alice and Kari. I went over to ECL to work the 9-4 change over /maid service shift. It was fun working with the girls and chatting. We got everything done on time and was rewarded with day old cookies! (Which were delicious)  
After work I had to do laundry but I only had enough quarters. I had contacted my dad a few days back about getting me some more money, as I don't get paid till the 30th of the month. 
Thanks to dad I was able to walk down to mariners (straight off shift) use their ATM get some cash then went to US Bank to get some quarters. On the way home I happen to see my friend David from HomeLink!!! It's crazy where I run into this guy! We talked for a bit. 
I got back to my dorm and lo and behold my new roommate Hannah (the sixth one working here) She seems nice and I hope to get to know her better. I went and did my laundry and now sitting in the lounge waiting for my sheets to dry up in the Ecola laundry. Blogging while my friends/coworkers watch animaniacs in the background on the TV. My feet hurt, I need a shower but this is AWESOME! 

Final note: 

There are things in this world that reveal themselves in God's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment